Volunteering with LAC will provide you with an opportunity to connect with new friends, contribute to the senior community, and engage in a variety of volunteer positions.
All positions include a range of time commitment and flexibility of scheduling to suit your needs.
Volunteering Benefits for LAC Members
Your involvement enriches the lives our members in ways no one else can. Through you, members can:
- Keep in touch with their community
- Anticipate and look forward to a fresh outlook
- Develop a new interest or awaken an old one
- Participate in activities the member would not otherwise take part in
- Enhance the joy of friendship
- Develop a meaningful relationship
Volunteering Benefits for You
Through volunteering, you can:
- Receive Orientation and Training
- Realize the joy that comes from making a difference to another person
- Promote a sense of belonging
- Develop communication skills
- Share your skills and abilities and learn new ones
- Enhance your creativity
- Develop organizational skills
- Gain experience, knowledge and confidence
- VSS will be reimbursed upon completion of 50 volunteer hours
Volunteer Opportunities at LAC
- Congregate Dining
- Community Outreach
- Computer Lab
- Fitness Classes
- Wii Sports
- Lending Library
- Board Games & Cards
- Cooking & Baking
- Seasonal Special Events
- If you have an idea for a program or activity that caters to your talents & skills please let us know.
Apply today by completing our volunteer application form.
- Download and complete our volunteer application form (PDF).
- Send the form to LA Centre for Active Living, 55 Rankin Cresent, Toronto, Ontario M6P 4E4
If you have questions about your application or would like to speak to someone before applying, contact: